Monday, May 21, 2007

The Greatest Sight

The one thing that never fails to move me is to see the youths at the altar, reaching out to God. What greater sight is there? It never fails to draw me and stir deep within me.

Everything that I've done for Aspirers is to see them connect back with God. No matter what happens in life, I know that if God is their focus, their passion, their center, if they yearn to do what's right and to please God - i know that come what may, it will be alright. Cos God will lead them and bring them through.

I remind myself everytime that
  • it is okay if I'm forgotten as long as God is not forgotten.
  • life will go on and they will face many problems that is beyond my control. I will need to surrender THAT to God. But if they would recognize the place God should be in their lives now... it will carry them through those times.
  • some of them will get hurt and some of them will walk away, and i can't carry all the blame. But i will do my utmost best now to prepare them for the reality of life that at the end of the day, they will still turn back to God and know He is God.
  • the greatest reward is to see them knowing God, loving God, serving God.
Perhaps one day, I will see some become missionaries or pastors, doing His will around the world. Some to be big time career man and woman that can shape and change this nation through what they do and how they live. Some to be man and woman of faith that will influence many and touch lives. And all to live for God by the way they believe, live and tell their story. All to leave legacies for the coming generations. All to inspire other believers and non believers alike. Perhaps one day.

And I hang on to the promise God gave me. The vision I saw that many years ago.


No comments: