Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Genting Again

It seems I keep going back up there. What do u expect? It's the most popular spot in Malaysia, the weather is awesome for a quick getaway and my sister is up there.

Anyway, took a one-day getaway with Callie David Eugene Johanna Lynne Florance Marie and Joshua Hoh. This group wants to play much to my dismay. However, it HAS been ages since I played. So it was quite fun after all. Put my camera to good use.

A few facts:
  • Did you know the cable car here is the longest in sout east Asia?
  • Did you know it takes approximately 3 hours from Seremban to Genting by public transportation?
  • Did you know you can get a bus + cable car ticket package to Genting at KL Central?
  • Did you know the indoor roller coaster thing had split into two during a ride and they had to put the emergency brake and go up to talk people into climbing down?
  • Did you know Genting Burger King is really quite bad?
I always wanna see a greater and higher purpose in every trip I go, every event I'm involved in. I just dislike monotony and meaningless-ness. Like King Solomon said in Ecclesiastes, everything is meaningless. You can chase money and people and position and materials all your life and still find life meaningless. I can't stand to live like that. I want to see a greater purpose and God's hands in everything. Good or bad.

This trip I had the opportunity to help a Taiwanese couple to buy tickets to Genting. Florance and I spent time talking to them on the bus on the way up about places to visit, things they should do, how to get around, and things like that. And I love helping people! And it's an awesome feeling to know you've made life easier for someone, that you've just been a blessing to someone, you've just been used by God (by using your hands, legs, mouth, etc) to reach out into someone's life. Though we went our separate ways later on, it still feels good. I pray that God will protect them throughout their visit here and take care of their baby back home!

No comments: