Thursday, December 14, 2006

the HUGE experience

My only reasons for going to HUGE this year was to chaperon the youths and to hear Pas. Mike Pilavachi. I was honestly beginning to feel too old for this. I have been going for these things since i was 16 or 17.












(My camera phone quality is quite good eh?)

But I found that I was blessed... Here are what:

  1. I was blessed by the first session where they put up the scourging scene in Passion of Christ during worship accompanied by "Thank you for the cross". Remembering what Jesus went through for us really brought new meaning to the song and deeper depths of worship. Many joined me and were in tears.

  2. I realized that the Psallo band from Indonesia (who were awesome btw) did not jus stand in the sideline to lead in worship but they got involved in praying for us, joining us in worship when someone else led, and just hanging out. It wasn't just about singing. They ministered.

  3. Pastor Mike Pilavachi was, as expected, awesome. His sermons were funny and inspiring.

  4. I was watching and hearing for the Youth Alive committee's heartbeat, and i saw. What I saw i respected. I saw the tears in their eyes, the commitment and dedication they showed... I recognized the passion. And I salute their effort.

  5. The flow of messages starting with talk about commitment, radical living for Jesus and others fired me on for what I had been envisioning for Aspirers. Now I dont doubt anymore.

  6. Kah Lian accepted Christ! wohoo! What greater news in all of heaven than when someone is saved into the Kingdom of God. I can only imagine the rejoicing in Heaven.

  7. I was also blessed fellowshipping with the youths. They are all so different from each other and even further different from me. Yet, it is such a joy (and heartache) to work with youths. No, I don't regret. I believe I can make a difference here.

  8. At the end of the camp, a call was raise for Malaysians to love our country, to stay where God has put us and do His work here. We sang sejahtera Malaysia and held our flag high. I'm actually feeling more patriotic now. Our govt should be happy that this happened. But seriously, I think a good point was raised. If we dont stand for our country, who will?

  9. Throughout the sessions, I keep getting ideas and other kinds of inspirations for Aspirers and yes, these are good things. Watching other youth leaders (I was not trained so sometimes I like to just watch others and learn), catching visions and ideas and dreams.... sometimes some things are impressed in my heart strongly and I'd know I need to look into it.

Things I found disturbing:

I shared this with some of the youths. I just expressed it out in hope that they will see my point and learn to live a good testimony. I just felt terrible about so many of the youth's behavior at camp. (Thank God Agapeans behaved enough) I mean what kinda testimony do we leave for the staff and other guests at that resort? What's the point of screaming and praising God in the hall and crying and making dedications, when after walking out of the hall we're not polite, we damage properties, we do all kinds of nonsense. What is the point? I'm so for this whole living-a-testimony thing simply because I believe that action speaks the loudest. Isn't that what Jesus did? It wasn't about the tears we cried, it was the life we live. I pray that Aspirers youth will not just scream and jump and cry... but really live that life that will make the difference.

Overall? I'm exhausted yet refreshed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i am still young and could attend all these conferences... needa catch the fire again.. It's always so awesome when one attended the conferences and just allow God to touch and use u. Of course, what have learnt needa put into practise.

Keep it up girl!!!

@nne said...

book to go for nex church camp. seriously.