Friday, March 03, 2006

City lights

With the recent price hike on petrol, (read it) traveling had suddenly become more painful than before. You begin to really feel the pinch. Some people complain, nobody rejoices. My kembara drinks petrol so I felt it too. I began to think of all the times i chaffuered people around and what my dad had always said. Think think. There must be other ways to conserve fuel. So I'm beginning to opt to more carpooling whenever possible.

I have this tendency also to want to go up to KL. Yes, Seremban can be boring, I agree. However, I have no plans to live elsewhere. That doesn't mean I can't visit the big city every once in a while to just get out a little, see the world, and all those things. I mean at my age, you'd understand. The city lights do have some lure. I am totally aware though, that going to the big city also means loosing extra cash. Not something very pleasant to think about. Yet, I still want to go. Hmm.. this is hard.

There's only one thing to do. Think of a way to go up and still save money. I opt for public transportation. It is so much cheaper. But that means no more flexibility. Well you've gotta sacrifice something. Food is somewhat inevitable when you're in the big city. There's stil such thing as cheap food but hey I go all the way up to eat things I can have back in S'ban? sounds weird. Accomodation is not a problem as Hazel has up till now offered her couch. But I don't feel nice always staying at her place. Maybe once in a while I might think of staying with Esther or Lavinia instead. Might actually be fun if they're not working late. I sure thank God that I am still able to go up every now and then.

Ohyes, here's an interesting logfile: The Adventure of the Couch
  • 1st Visit - could not sleep. too noisy if balcony window is opened. too stuffy if balcony window is shut.
  • 2nd visit - close balcony window and turn up the fan speed. slept! woke up. could not sleep again. neck very pain from the couch arm.
  • 3rd visit - used two pillow and slept on couch base instead. no neck pain. could not sleep. was too stuffy with balcony window closed. Searched entire hall for the fan remote. Found it at 2.45am.
  • 4th visit - nex wk. wonder what adventures the couch holds for me.
THey say experience is the best teacher. Experience makes us a little bit wiser, a little bit stronger. It sure colours your life.

Picture courtesy of David Yeow.

No comments: