Friday, March 10, 2006

Another day in the city

It's back to where the city never sleeps. It was like a horrid adventure that I traveled all the way up on bus and LRT. It makes me appreciate the luxury of cars that I enjoy so very often. I was so uncomfortable and squashed that Hazel's car looked so welcoming that I could hug her. Imagined I was squashed to the point I could not reach my handphone when it rang.

Back in the city, people persuaded me to stay. Join the city life it seems. It's actually not that I love the city so much. Perhaps at time I was merely trying to get away from all that my life represents. Maybe I needed to refresh myself, catch a breather. Maybe it was people I needed back into my life once in a while. I don't know what it is... but I thank God that Hazel has made her home available to me whenever I need it. Though it cost money, though it is a little more trouble, I still find it wonderful to go up sometimes..... Just to be.

I like seeing things. It's like feasting my eyes. There's so much beauty around to see. After torturing my feet walking around town on heels, we arrive at Luna Bar - a top floor, open air hangout. It looks like a high class, exclusive club things that people go too after work to hang and have cocktail or a business pool party. I felt a little bit awkward as I was more like crashing. And being short on cash at that moment, we did not dare order a single thing. However, the sight was one to behold. The pool right in the middle reflected the moon that was just above. You could see the entire city from there.

Do I hear the call of the city? Only at times. So thank God I live close enough to indulge once in a while yet far enough not to be eaten by it.

Pictures will be uploaded soon as Hazel gives them to me.

No comments: