Thursday, August 27, 2009

Church Camp 2009

Church Camp 2009:
Knowing God and Making Him Known
August 23-26, 2009
Genting View Resort
Rev. Ronnie Chin

I was trying to be excited and to infuse enthusiasm for this camp. We had prayer and fasting for a week before the camp (which I hope would prepare our spirits to receive from God) but some how I could not feel excited. I was exhausted and disappointed. I could not feel the enthusiasm I was trying to portray. I felt like a hypocrite.

But I've always been bound to my sense of responsibilities and was determined to see the entire thing through. I had begun to feel stressed over the enormous amount of work to be done and the standard that I had initially felt I had to live up to. I had to give my best, and yet my heart was always more for people and ministry than the details of organizing. I would rather forgo getting things perfectly in place if there was someone who needed that time in the world. I had always seen need over want, tears over comfort. I decided it was time to get back to the basics, to rock the boats of complacency. (yes, I decided. LOL)


(awaiting more pics) Note: pics were copied from various Facebook albums

I want to thank God, though, that I was able to take the entire thing in stride - organizing the camp, ministering to the youth, finishing my assignment, and finding time to refresh myself in God, on top of celebrating Ann's birthday. It sounds insane even as I think about it now. However, I know that it was by God's grace that I felt un-tension and un-panicky and un-stressed. Now
that's the miracle. Though I was tired, I was OK. He lifted me in His wings and I was okay. In fact, I had enough strength and heart to minister, counsel, stay awake.

The very first night God had met me and given me 'just enough strength to live for today', as the song goes. Sometimes when we are looking for a way out, God says I'll give you grace to hang on. Sometimes when you want an answer for something, God says you don't need to know but trust me. It's infuriating but God is looking for faith. And then I stood up and said 'it is well with my soul'. And then I turn around and begin to be His vessel.

On another note. My crazy bunch of youth. They may be noisy and many other things, but I'm blinded to those other things. =) They are the first at the altar. They step up to pray for others. They are excited. They are willing to be transparent with God. They obey. They are easier than adults. LOL!!! (oops..)

Justin, say it again!
Aspirers rocks! Pictures

No comments: