Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Birthday

Dear Diary,

Today is my birthday. And I thought I might have a quiet one this time.
But chance has it that I didn't.

The day started at midnight, at a mamak store nearby. With the Yeohs singing the birthday chorus horribly a couple of times. I thank God I was facing the other way. It was too embarassing. I was pretty much lost for words.

I woke up later than usual with the song Boom boom boom and Great is the Lord remix. Go figure that out! After dressing my best (in the short time), picture with my new toy, I dragged myself to work, walking in 15minutes after devotion had and started. Oops. Bad start.

I had decided the day before that this year, I will thank every single person that wish me. By whatever means I am wished, their simple thought counted for me. It should mean something. So I spent the ENTIRE day replying sms, emails, facebook wishes. I had no idea how tedious it could be. But I wanted to personally thank everyone - not just a template msg. I barely worked the entire day...

Ann came for lunch. So together with my two trusty work day lunch partners, ETC and Matt, we went to Pizza Italia (with almost all the food ETC could not eat). It poured cats and dogs so we decided to wait for the pizza to be ready. Yummy! We overate big time! But I couldn't help it! =) We got free ice creams too










I was feeling guilty from taking such a long break that we rushed back to the office as soon as we could, to find a bouquet of flowers and a cake. Aaawww.... That's a tick off my 'wants-list'. I love my flowers! I have not received any for 8 years now. I don't care that it's from a girl. LOL. Flowers have a very simple way of melting my heart. (It's now sitting glaringly on my desk, right at the foot of my bed) The office had a little celebration of our own. It was nicer than usual.

I spent the evening like any Wednesday evening: TV, rest, and getting ready for prayer meeting. I knew that the youths would probably plan something or other. And of course they did. After a good prayer meeting (with the number smaller than usual), we had a song and a cake. One of the youth prayed for me voluntarily and I was very touched. Plenty of hugs! =)

After a short mamak, I'm back home and writing this entry. There should be a Perseid Meteor shower tonight. I hope I get to see it at least but the sky is too cloudy to see anything. It should be beautiful. But I need to end my day by thanking my Creator, without whom I won't be here. This should be Your celebration too, my God. I love You....

p/s: I should have done some assigment. Man, i'm going to suffer from not doing it....

Good night.

2 comments:

she3p said...

happy belated Birthday Anne:)

lavi said...

so lovely.. :)
days like this should come more often
see you later..