Monday, June 29, 2009

Missionettes Banquet


I remember the days of slumber parties and luncheon meat and creeping out in the middle of the night to play. After a fight we'd creep back into the room to sleep.


I remember being gathered into the old library by Aunty Lim, when she prayed for us for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I didn't receive it that night.


I remember Juliana, our Stars sponsor, brought us to Dave's Deli for our class. We were so thrilled to get out of the norm and I had my first lasagna.


I remember reciting 1 Corinthians 13 as slowly as I can on the night I was crowned Honour Star. I had to make time to my other girlfriends to change backstage. It was also my first on-stage solo gig.

On June 27th, 2009, Missionettes had its farewell. Calling back all its past girls and sponsors for a final bash - relishing the sweet times and crowning its last batch of stars. A fitting finish indeed. All pictures courtesy of
RachelTD
Missionettes Banquet at Royale Bintang, SerembanSome of the food lavished in front of us
15th batch of Crowned starsMy table partyWe are family! (Short of 2) Missionettes had a part in our familyCrowned stars of '97. Here's 4 out of 7 of us.
(pic)

And here is the video that was rendered just for the event.
Warning: the video is 17 minutes and might be boring for those who were never in Missionettes.

No comments: