Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Book Collection


In my zest to collect books for my library, I
tumpang-ed ET to carry books back from the States. Purchasing them off the net (secondhand stuff), I figured I'd save a lot. like a LOT. So here's the latest addition to my collections:
Can you just feel the thrill of seeing books lined up like this. Like a bubble bubbling up in your heart, and your fingers just have to graze its surface. But I wonder when I'll actually read them. I'm buying faster than I can read. And I actually like those with nice covers. (Meaning I'll pay more for nicer cover)

One of the book I bought was for a reading assignment (for a subject I'm taking at BCM) and to my disappointment, the secondhand book was conteng-ed. But what did I expect? It IS secondhand.

Speaking of books....

While I was in OneUtama last week, I saw a brilliant idea along the mall's walk way. They call it the "Book Cross, free your books" concept. Started in 2001 in the US. The idea is that many of us have books lying around in our libraries, rotting in the dust. What we can do is to register our books on their website and put it on the public lounge bookshelf. For anyone and everyone.

That's definitely an idea I'd like to adopt one day. Click the picture on the right for a larger view of the poster description.

3 comments:

she3p said...

i bought like 3 of the whole series n for no reason i lost all of them.....sigh

elaine said...

aiyo.. next time when you buy, read the description properly la. The guy already said "some markings".

@nne said...

sheep: aiyo what a waste. but u knw. now i have 2 of the first book. lol.

elaine: its not 'some'. trust me. it's like major!