Saturday, July 19, 2008

Storm Cloud


It was 8+ in the morning. We had just climbed the Kepayang hill for the umpteenth time where half way of every climb I hear a voice in my head telling me I'm insane to put myself through this. Never has a temple look so welcoming as the one on the top of Kepayang hill. (Rest assure, I've not converted) We sat on the strangely formed cemented rock at the side - as we often do.

A storm cloud was forming in a distance. It stretched from left to right and it's depth as far as the eye can see. We admired the formation and rolling of grey clouds that were drawing closer. Joy said it reminded her of Pirates of the Caribbean where the 'bad guys' were coming. But we were awestruck by it's grandeur and beauty.

( Picture taken from ETC's version of the story on her newly found blog. )

Someone ecstatically exclaimed that the clouds looked like a furry horse.

Someone else began to take a panoramic picture of the wide expanse of the cloud.

Someone quietly suggested we start our climb downwards, and was ignored.

Someone else said it was an awesome sight.

It didn't take long for us to realise every other human on the hill had scurried to journey downwards. We too took leave. 5 minutes into our downward journey, the rain started. And soon we were shivering cold, soaking wet, carefully threading the slippery path.

Someone said I told you so.

Nobody dared to debate our stupidity.

We did blame it on the Hendry weather however.

I reached home shivering to my bone at 8.40am.

No comments: