Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hail Storm

Over half an hour ago, there was a great commotion in my house. My dad was yelling and my sisters were talking excitedly.

I was lying in bed during yet another electricity blackout in the last 15minutes, trying to go back to sleep amidst the loud storm outside. The rain was hitting hard against the roof and windows. The thunder and lightning were ferocious. And I was just thinking to myself, my this is the worst storm I've 'heard' in a long time... Did a flock of bird fly straight into the window?? Hmm...
The screaming brought me to my feet and towards the voices. Just as I reached the door, I heard my sister yell "ICE" and my dad banged on my door. We gathered at my sheltered balcony and watched the rain. Ice stones were falling and bouncing of the roof tops. *gasp* It's a hail storm! Ice is falling from the sky!!




We couldn't believe our fortune of catching one in our lifetime. If you can see the video carefully, you can catch the ice stones bouncing off the roof. The video quality is not THAT good but you could see it.

My mom, who had just returned home, shouted from downstairs to see the porch. We raced downstairs (not literally), and saw our porch covered with ice stones. My mom who had just experienced driving in a hailstorm told us how scary it was - fearing that the stones would break the car windows.

Cool eh??

Here's a piece of ice I picked from the floor. The ice were melting fast on the ground. Can you imagine if this piece of ice were to hit you on the head? I mean it fell from so high up. The velocity of these ice stones could put you in the hospital.

I think my sister, Winne, took a picture of a much bigger stone. Lynne might put something up too, but when I posted this she hasn't.


6 comments:

poreiz said...

wah...so geng.like raining. how come suddenly like that? how long was it ar?

@nne said...

only a few minutes.
barely anyone caught it =D

FeR said...

it happened when I was in the CARRRRRRRR my poor cARRRRR! Thank God nothing broke.

-___-"

though i think this is not the first time...also hail stones on my poor car...*sob*

*hehe*

I took a video, too! but soon soon...i've got lots of backlogging. after this week's madness hopefully.

@nne said...

yea i ran out to watch my car too.

cant do anything unless i throw myself in the rain and put umbrellas over my car or something. haha...

i was thinking malaysian cars were never made to 'tahan' such conditions kua....

elaine said...

oh I remember one happening in Seremban when I was in primary school.. I wasn't at the scene though.. never caught one in person.. fortunate or unfortunately. :P

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.