Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Trip to the Hospital


Such a cliche title...

One night I was rushed to the hospital. I was shivering from fever, dehydrated from all the vomiting, and all the symptoms of a viral infection. But it was bad. I felt my body rebel from the bumps and sharp turns my dad was making. Trying not to throw up, I clenched my fists.

I had been unwell all day and figured that as usual, it'll probably go away with some much needed sleep. I even left choir early to sleep all afternoon. I was wrong. My fever escalated. Any food or drink I took only came right back out. It only got worst - I don't remember feeling so wrong. So there I was being diagnosed. The half hour I was there, my fever jumped higher and BP dropped and all that. The doc was ready admit me to put me on drip. I was too sick to have an opinion. My dad decline the offer and asked for an injection instead to stop the vomit.

Nurse: "Please pull down you
r pants"
Me : What? Jabbing my butt? NO WAY!"
But of course I was in no position to argue.
*ouch*


Not long after that and after more consultation with my dad, I was again told to pull down my pants. She was going to stuff something up my ass to bring down the fever.
WHAT!! Is there no other way? I'm not about to have anything forced into my... ouch!

After over an hour at the outpatient ward, I was sent home with specific instructions and a pack of medicine. But the jab worked. I was feeling well enough to eat and sleep properly. And here I am sitting here, short of the 24hours watch I was suppose to be on, feeling much better. Let's hope it stays that way. I don't wanna have a tube pushed into my veins for whatever reasons. Right now I can barely breathe from the extra amount of mucus I'm producing. This is a bad week to be sick, with my boss in operation.
____________________________________

After a quick bath, my fever escalated once again. And the night was hard battling the fever that peaked at 39Celsius. But it finally broke as at 4+am as the dawn was ushered in.

A visit to the family doctor revealed that it was simply a case of bad cold. (bad being an understatement) A blood test also revealed no signs of dengue. Thank God.

Yes, there is a difference between cold and flu. Flu has no cough and sore throat symptoms.

So here I'm sitting once again, hoping it'll all go away so that I can get back to my life.

No comments: