Sunday, November 11, 2007

Missionette's Awards Day


Missionettes is a girls-only club for children and youth in church. At the end of every year graduating stars are coronated while the rest receive their badges and awards. Stars to be coronated get to walk down the aisle and wear a tiara and all that. Some find it lame but it's a high point in a Missionette's life. Very few will understand this hype.

I grew up in Missionettes - as a Daisy, Prims, and finally Stars. We did it all and had our share of fun and memories. Some of which I think the girls in Missionettes today will find it hard to have. Perhaps.

The girls in Friends club (the new step above Stars) received their graduating rings. They are the ones wearing punjabi suits. Wanted to look happening I think. *hehe*

Steph thinks she look fat here but I totally don't get it.

Girls Rules!!! hehe that was so 90s... I forgot to take pics with the girls that were being coronated. I'm not very good at this, am I? But here's me about 10years ago when I was coronated. Don't laugh!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne, do you realize that only me and you are the constant in Agape until today.. :(

How did all of them leave us??

@nne said...

dunno la lav, that's like 2 out of 7 = 30%

uncle rajen's statistic was correct.

i intend to change tat for the nex generation. raise the bar to 50% perhaps.

elaine said...

wei wei.. you talk as though I back slided leh.. uncle raj says 30% stay faithful to God.. not 30% leave agape! so the stats is wrong!! HAH! take that! Anyway is it just me or was the event really more glamarous last time? Maybe it was more glamarous cause we were the first few batches and we had a nice cake. :P

Anonymous said...

I think there was more hype last time! Becoz Missionettes was themed fun once upon a time.. I am glad U are faithful & thriving in the LOrd!!
And I only said constant in Agape.. nothing more.. =)

@nne said...

sorry bout the stats! i seem to have remembered it wrongly. tehehe... n as lavi reminded me. it's 10%. but ya u're rite. applied wrongly.

ya it used to be grander.