Wednesday, July 25, 2007

King & I Musical

A desire come true...
I wanted to watch this musical when I first heard winds of it. Though I asked around I could not gather company to watch. None whatsoever. So as usual, I backed out. After all, I can't be going alone AND I don't know my way. (excuses excuses).

However, God knows better. And I guess God knows the desires of your heart. =) And when Pastor asked me if I'd like to join them (the aunties) for the night, I was taken aback. And with the last minute promotion, I paid only half of what I had originally expected t
o pay. Why would God be hearing my heart in the times when I was not seeking Him? Shows that He hasn't left though I have walked some distance away. This God that I serve.... it's no ordinary God. =D

King & I

King & I is a musical by Rodgers and Hammerstein, with script based on the book Anna and the King of Siam by Margaret Landon. It is said to be based on the autobiography of Anna Leonowens (the main character of the story) but its accuracy is questionable, so we don't know how true it is. This musical was made into a movie in 1956 and is one of my classic favourites (next to Sound of Music and a few others). For the full story, click here.
And so the musical came to Malaysia, as The Star reports.

And so I found myself in the highest level of Istana Balcony, looking down at the small people, dancing and singing their heart away onstage. The musical was a copy of the movie that I watched as a child. And the memories of the songs and lines came flooding in.

(lazy to edit brightness)


Istana Budaya

No comments: