Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Zombie Syndrome

A human being needs up to about 8hrs sleep a day (give or take). That would be 1/3 of your day. Everyday. For the rest of your life. That's 1/3 of your life spent sleeping - recharging. That's a lot of time. Time I'm begining to feel I don't have....And they say young people have all the time in the world.

Unless of course I'm no longer young. You always think that I will have more time one day. But that one day never comes. Time to blog is as precious as ever. Yes, time is gold! Why am I stressing so much on time? And why am I wasting time blogging?

Thinking that I have so much to do, I figured it wont hurt to train myself to sleep less. 7 hours a day should do. How did I fare? Terribly!! I'm facing the zombie syndrome. Now it is no longer forcing myself to sleep less. I simply have no choice. Ok you always have a choice... so I chose to. Thank God I did not face any accident or fall sick (if you don't count purging today and occasionally feverish and tired). Thank God I did not or even come close to having enxiety and stress. My panda-eye side effect is as bad as ever. I can't think of wearing contacts anytime soon.

Here's a brief account of what I have in my head (things I need to do):
  • Work (of course) which includes about 11 classes a week plus the Student Activity Room Project (SARP).
  • Preparation for classes (ppl say dont take work home, but I couldnt finish it at work though I do OT everyday).Ohya did I mention teachers have to prepare test, asgn, revision, marks...
  • Aspirers (coordinate events etc. this doesnt even include what i SHOULD be doing)
  • YAN9 (yes we are planning lots for this year and next)
  • Misc church things (like the church camp video an cd, and ocassinal other things)
  • House Work - i've got no maid now u know
  • Studies - my final project which is due end of October (which btw I've not managed to even touch it)
  • Socializing? If I don't i might end up single and alone till i'm 30yrs of age!! Plus, couping myself up is not healthy
  • Exercise? I'm putting on a little weight u know. Heheh... And I've neglected exercise lately... Need to stay healthy in this kinda lifestlye ma...
Now wouldn't u agree with me that we need more hours in a day? People say (and even myself) time can be made. Somehow I'm no longer that sure. In order to stay unstressed I 'm trying not to stretch myself too thin in one day. I know my limits. But God help me!! Please pray for me my friends....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein."
H. Jackson Brown