Friday, September 02, 2005

Night out.....

31 Aug
The country stands and say "merdeka merdeka" and yes! that means a day off... sometimes when ur days are starting to choke you and eat you whole... the one thing you need is a day off. There's nothing like a day off with your family and friends to get you back on track.

Spent the day digging through IKEA, admiring all the designs. Absolutely love it. I could stay in there forever. And my family was with me. How often do i get a chance to argue over a furniture or design with my parents. And believe me, my family debates take a looong time. Before long the day was almost over. Fortunately Lavinia was late so i had more time to pick out stuff. Soon I get an urgent call from Lavinia, causing me to run all the way through IKEA's warehouse and out the doors to her awaiting car. The things that girl does to me...

Off we headed to Paul&Hazel's, abandoning my family at the IKEA queue. To the heart of KL!! I wish I took pictures of that nite. It was a gathering of young adults (yes we are now young adults!). We ate, we watched astro, we talked, we played pictionary and laughed till our sides hurt. It was quite a sight. I imagined watching us from above. But it was fun. was plenty of that.. ended up reaching home at 1am. Oh i din drive. was too lazy to do it 2 days in a row.

1 Sept
It was another day of holiday. NS priviledge!! muahahah... *grin from ear to ear* WAke up LATE.... that was a luxury i seldom enjoy anymore... Managed to get some work done... Went out for lunch with Vanessa, who made me wait for her. And finally made the trip up to midvavlley. Though I hated shopping or going out alone, i succumbed to the idea because I had to get some presents anyway and I DID want to go shopping.

Here's a funny story and partially testimony. I was driving up to Midvalley as planned. Upon arriving at Sg Besi I realised I did not bring my handphone. OH NO!! I panicked.. for some ppl it is a small deal but i've never went anywhere without it by my side. I feel safer knowing i can be contacted and that i can contact at anytime. it bothered me so much i somehow missed the turning into midvalley as i drove by it. Deciding to U-turn, I went up a road - only it was the wrong one and I ended on the dunno wat highway. panic again!!!!! i prayed man... i just wanted to end up somewhere safe.. and without my handphone. I'll have u know i'm not a big fan of getting lost AND i was getting withdrawal symptoms. I follwed the signs to damansara - a place somewhat more familiar to me. I ended up turning to one utama and thinking "I wonder if esther is home?" Chances were they had gone to Mt Kiara. But I thank GOD that esther had reached home late that day!! And she was there... along with Lavinia and Hazel... I was SOOO RELIEVED. We went Mt Kiara to a bazaar (was interesting) and headed to Mid Valley's Kim's Gary where we were late for Serena's surprise birthday dinner. Dr. Serena Khoo was back for the week.
Ended up heading reluctantly to Bangsar that night. I figured I should be a good responsible daughter and head home but a small pull in my heart brought me to Bangsar. I ended up in my first pub or club ever. Noise was deafening but u learn to get use to it. The smoke stayed in my hair till morning where I had to get up early to wash by the way. The drinks I could get use to some of it. I guess it waws a better experience going with these guys then other people. But all in all, it's not something I planned to do again. It's just too uncomfortable for me. I have stands and principles I need to stick with. And this is what I want and have decided. However, the experience in itself was worth it. I was forced to dance (it felt purposeless, thus i was not comfortable). Arrived home at 1am.. once again.

Happening life? Well it's something at least... something you look forward to. A break in the routine. Insanity in the midst of sanity. What we can all "life".

No comments: