Sunday, August 07, 2005

Happy Birthday to you~

This month is a month of birthdays.. many many... So here goes to being 'pokkai'. I haven't even bought presents for any one who's birthday fell in these last two weeks yet. No time. Forgive me!!

Thursday (Aug 4) Lavinia's 22nd Bday
Traveling up all the way from Seremban to the heart (yes i mean the HEART) of Kuala Lumpur's TGI Friday. Thank's to Kin Sang's map I did not get lost! With a group of 14 people in attendence on a very long table, it was quite a party. Fortunately, they put us in one corner of the restaurant to make all the noise we want.

The food was good. I tried a bit of almost everyone's. (hahahah) and decided i would have loved Lavinia's Jack Daniel's. Apparently TGIF has improved over the past few years and it would definitely be worth visiting once in a blue moon. The price was a killer. I can't remember the last time I paid so much for food. I really can't. For a drink I had this Friday's Freeze: orange sherbert plus vodka (my first vodka and no it wasn't enought to get you drunk). Of course I had expected a much fancier glass (pic). Oh yes, the mud pie was heavenly.

At the end of dinner TGIF staff members made Lavi stand on two chairs (with our prompting) and they sang a barely understandable Birthday song after which she was forced to blow her candle with the cake at almost two arm's length away. Yea, that was funny. But you were lovin' it weren'y you, darling? hahaha... Neways "these are the days of our lives". For more pictures, log on to my multiply site or Hazel's blog.

Friday (Aug 5) Alexis 22nd Birthday
He went to Kota Kinabalu.. so a bit relieved. hehehe

Saturday (Aug 6) Yi Khai's 21st Birthday Celebration
Dear cousin Yi Khai's Birthday is actually on the 7th but we had to celebrate it earlier becos of our grandma's celebration the day after (refer below). Neways... Khai you're now a legal citizen (wohoo!!) Yayyy for fishy!! A few of us went to Barney's (in Kemayan Square) to celebrate. They have nice alfredo and Ceasar Salad there bytheway. Elaine and me being the only two girls got quite lost upon topics like Dota and Eutopia.... *sigh* After dinner we stood in the haze for quite a bit until the guys got seemingly a bit high. The haze situation is pretty bad people.. stay indoors!! We continued the celebration in Curry Leaf. Don't ask me why man... I was full.

I learnt a lot bout Dota and Eutopia though.

And we sang Yi Khai the birthday song ... twice (one in barney's one in Regent)





Sunday (Aug 7) Grandma's 80th Birthday Celebration
So after church, the entire... well almost all... family (plus Unc.Keong's side) gathered at Regent to have a feast. It was good to see everyone and just enjoy each other company. We stuck with out own group, quite unwilling to mix tables actually... probably cause we love our own company? or we really just miss hanging out with each other. I mean we only gather like this twice a year: chinese new year and ah mah's birthday.

This bowl of Shark's fin soup was for Winne but Zhong Xiang finished it. But I managed to take a picture of it. I forgot however to take a picture of ah mah or the cake. What a dungu. the cake was beautifulllllll. I picked it out and was afraid it will be frowned at but it was LOVED!! It's a chocolate and cheese semi-spheric mousse cake. Delicious~ I can still taste it in my mouth.....



Other than that:



Tuesday (Aug 9) Leonard & Valerie's 21st Birthday
Will sms them lor...


2 comments:

poreiz said...

Oh no! Your maid is pregnant? How did that happen?

@nne said...

how do you think people get pregnant? Neighbour had a major paint job done on their house. The rest is history.