Thursday, October 07, 2010

Silent Retreat

So I just got back from a silent retreat, as is part of my course requirements. A 3D2N retreat at Fraser's Hill where we can't talk at all. Can't communicate in any way. It sounds like such a freaky thing to do in our age. How do you cut off everything and live in isolation for a period of time?

But it was rather relieving to just get away and not run after anything. To enjoy the beauty that God has created for us and to enjoy God through them. How cool is that? We should all get away now and then and just nourish our souls. I thank God for this opportunity. It really was a gift in this time and age when you can't catch a break sometimes.


I even had time to indulge in something I've been wanting to do. I may not be a pro but who cares, I like doing it. Even got it photoshopped after I came down from the hill. The above are just some of the pics that I have. The rest can be found on my flickr and facebook sites. Isn't it just beautiful? There's more beauty everywhere than we care to look.

Besides that, I really thought that God might speak to me on something crucial in my life - like something I should let go or something I need to do or something to that extend. It was a stressful feeling and I was slightly worried. But all God did was to allow me to rest in His arms and reminded me that He loves me just as I am. There was no pre requisite and there is no other requirements. It was rather relieving and peaceful to know that I need to try so hard sometimes. I forget that sometimes. It's amazing to be loved and known by God. And it's amazing that He does not expect us to be more than human.

Love you, God! And thank You!

2 comments:

she3p said...

this is such a good idea..what are the good places for you to do so??

@nne said...

well this place tat i went was the methodist centre at frasers. frasers is isolated enof :)