Friday, August 13, 2010

Yes, it's my birthday yesterday

Yes it's another year. This time I'm not that excited. After all, my age is beginning to stare me in the face and scoff! And it's not that I feel old - I feel exactly the same - but the realization, I guess, is what gets to you. Hmm..

I woke up in the morning not know what to expect or even hope for. Not hoping for anything won't set me up for disappointment right? So that's what I decided to do. Woke up early enough, amazingly, and decided to take off early too. I was greeted by a beautiful sight - the sky was dotted by fluffy clouds that decorated the sky all the way to work. =) This may mean nothing to you, but it was a beautiful greeting by its Creator! I serve an awesome God!



The rest of the day was spent replying birthday wishes as I wanted to properly show my gratitude to people's kind effort to wish me - tho it's not that hard these days. I figured it's another way to also still try to stay in touch. So oops... there went my day (shhh!)

As I grow older, i learn a few new things:
  • Life is not about what I receive, or the dreams I achieve, or if I was treated rightly. Life is about what I give, and how I gave it to make it all a little better.
  • Life is not about the projects and events I've done or accumulated, nor is it ever much about the destination we are all scrambling to get to. Life is about the hearts we touch and are touched with along the way - the little things that adds wealth in one's life and makes one beautiful.
  • Life cannot be about who or how many people surround you - although that can be a tremendous blessing. Life is about who you are to those around you - a blessing or a curse.
Ultimately remembering that life is not about you so stop whining. If you've said you've given your life to Christ then carry your cross. My life is not my own, I've given it to You, O Lord - where I know it will be safe and meaningful. May I be all that You intend me to be. When I fall or fail, please don't give up on me - I will get up again and praise Your name.

In the end of the day, it was a rather satisfying birthday after all. =)

2 comments:

she3p said...

sorry Anne...blessed belated birthday to you..:)

@nne said...

teheehee! thanks... =)