Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chronicles of HK: Shopping and travelling

We landed safely at HK airport and made our way as per Hazel's written instructions to get to her apartment. Apparently everything is accessible by public transportation, even by such kampung girls as us. And somehow... we did. (after being scolded once by a security lady after being discovered that we lined up on the wrong taxi lane. who knew all the taxi colours meant different things) But we managed to arrive. Safely. Have no fear friends and family!

We arrived at almost midnight at Paul & Hazel's cozy little apartment, while many hongkies still roam the streets below as though it was only 9pm. Crazy people. Real night owls..


Note: Read the rest of this blog in hongkie english slang. with one syllable higher than the next syllable.
We spent our first day in HK shopping, as you can probably guess. They weren't kidding when they say this is a shopping paradise. Hazel brought us first to Mongkok, a place with cheap and decent things to buy. We grabbed the opportunity and I found myself allowing myself not to worry about what I normally worry about. You could say I let go. In a couple of hours we had already spent a few hundred HK$ and had to retrace our steps and count our cost. After all there were people to buy for, and a few more days left in this busy city. But all in all, I gotta say it wasn't too bad. Reignite my drive to shop. But I think I'll visit places like Sg Wang and Terminal One in the future. =P

I was told travelling is extremely convenient here. Everyone depends on the public transportation with their life. Rarely anyone owns a car to call their own. It simply makes sense to use the public transportation. So much so that everyone wears flat because they walk so very much in this country. Even at midnight. I was brought to experience the crazy cabbie, oh-so efficient MTR (train), double deckered bus, old fashioned tram... etc.

p/s: last pic done with ppt on paul's laptop w/o any photo album s/w


Next: Noah's ark

3 comments:

Lav Louis said...

Weeee!! Looks too fun! Shop me! Make sure there's a hole in your savings! hahahahahah

she3p said...

ooh..i miss HK!

@nne said...

Well there's credit card lav. hehe.

yewfong, u shop?