Thursday, July 23, 2009

bible school


In my last course at bible school, I spent some time getting to know the people and life on campus. Here are some observations:

Check out the projection screen

When was the last time you had a trilingual service? Here bilingual is a must, and trilingual is generally rare. I caught one. I didn't know the song being sung but have you heard a song sang in 3 languages at one time? The translator at times needed to repeat in 2 language. Another guy interpreted for himself.

I also observed something rather funny:

Gender separation

I asked if it was a rule but it wasn't. We used to say Children Church never 'left' us. Such profound impact, or is this a very Asian culture that we can't seem to shake. (Doesn't happen so obviously all the time though)

Some say rules are made to be broken. But when there isn't any, people toe the imaginary line? Food for thought.... =)

2 comments:

she3p said...

isn't this a brethren thingy??

@nne said...

hahah... i dunno