Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What fills my cup?


Some time back, I watched a video sermon by
Wayne Cordeiro that was about leaders needing to take time out to rest. Because everyone's has an energy cup that drains at the bottom - the every day pressures and demands of life. (see graphic below)

So if we don't fill that cup, we're only heading for a nervous breakdown. He urged that we know what fills our cup and take time to fill it. Different people "fill" differently.

At that time, I sat to think but I could not thoroughly figure out what fills me. Scary, isn't it? Now knowing how to help yourself. Finally I shelved that thought, contented enough that I knew ONE of my fills. And left it at that. Until now.

Why now, you ask. Well isn't it obvious? I need it.


So what fills me?
  1. Hanging out with good friends (just hanging out, letting loose)
  2. Sleeping (those uninterrupted, no nightmares, deep delicious sleeps that I don't seem to get much of)
  3. Taking a long pampered showers, followed by those other feminine self gratifications (sounds a lot like a spa to me, Lav)
  4. ... Jogging/walking alone (I think this actually fills me but I'm not sure) with time to clear my thoughts and emotions and sorts.
  5. Writing maybe (thus the blogging but I'm not sure either) helps to also put things into words.
  6. Clearing clutter in my life (this is a psychological act) whether it is organizing files, clearing mess, arranging photos, arranging my clothes...
  7. The beach - the sound of waves crashing on the shore, the salt-filled breeze that caresses your cheeks, the soft sand teasing your toes, the chill of the ocean waters when if chances upon your feet, and the peace that it brings carrying your troubles far into another world.
Ahhh that's not a bad list. Hmm... it's a pretty telling list if you know how to read between the lines. Says a lot about the person I am and the things I go through. On a personal note, I should start looking into it though.

3 comments:

FeR said...

heehee

the clearing clutter is just an OCD to organize things la! :P

Anonymous said...

isnt this from GLS? I mean last year before GLS there was a pre GLS video or something that talks about this.. or was it during GLS? can't recall.

@nne said...

haha .. .it wasn't last year's GLS. it was a previous GLS tat pastor showed on a Sunday as a short clip kinda thing. =)