Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Optimism

"Optimists think the glass is half full.
Pessimists think it's half empty.

Realists know that if they stay around long enough,
they're going to have to wash the glass."


The above quote was something I read in the "Our Journey" devotional by RBC. It also appeared in one of George Ong's humour book. Insights can be like mirrors to our own life. Some people laugh at it and move on, some people hear the words that are being said and it changes their lives.



I don't want to be a pessimist. I prefer to realistically be hopeful always. With a God like mine on my side, what do I have to loose. What is impossible? Yet sometimes ... being optimistic seems more like a fool's hope for what can never be. What then? There are things I will always pursue and believe in, and that's because of the God that I know will champion His own causes and will not let the righteous fall. Yet there are things... that just needs letting go.

How do we know which to hang on to and which to let go? Which to pursue and which to forget? What if wisdom is not enough? What is heart is not enough?

I like this other phrase from the same devotional...

"Our God is a God who's good enough to inspire us with His ideals,
merciful enough to accept us as we are,

and too loving to leave us there.."

No comments: