Monday, February 25, 2008

People


David's bday
Ok. David decided to cook for us to celebrate his birthday (on Esther's birthday) which we looked forward to. It has been 3 yrs since we had a taste of his food. Did I mention he's a good chef? But it was a cozy little dinner with a few people - upon David's invite - where we ate till our stomach was going to explode.

Here's david still cooking, trying to turn on the oven, and finally got mommy's help:



Madam Kwan with Esther
After class one day, EstherTC and I decided to head to megamall to find me a pair of silver earrings to test out a theory she had about my ears. Figured its worth checking out. We had lunch at the much-talked-about Madam Kwan's. Woh, a plate of nasi lemak was so expensive. But at least now I can say "been there, done that!"



Juliana's farewell
Juliana - our Missionettes sponsor of young was about to marry and migrate. Or rather migrate and marry. The other girls of my bath could not make it to the farewell so I dutifully went. Of course I would go! It was far too long since we had a chat. And that nite we caught up on so many years. Some of the kids (her current Missionette's sutdents) were there as well. I could see in her eyes the emotions of having seen me grow up as I now see some of the kids grow up. Simply heart warming.




Life is all about the people in it, ain't it? What other reason can there be? Whether it be rekindling past ones, retaining present ones, building new bonds. People are what make life worth living. I know the classic answer should be "God". But even Jesus lived and died for people. And as we live this life, we live with that example - that what mattered to Him most, was people.

No comments: