Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Counseling Studies

For the past two weeks, EstherTC and I attended a Basic Counseling Skills Course at BCM in hopes to polish our counseling skills so that we might help those we so-call "counsel". None that I know of is official.

I was pretty on fire for it until about the 3rd class. I began to have second and third thoughts. I wasn't sure if this is for me. Wasn't sure if I cared enough for people. It sounded too hard.

But nevertheless, we slogged through the ungodly hours, coffees, classes and assignments. I figured I might as well finish what I started. After which I will slowly consider if I'd want to take the entire diploma, which logically sounds about right. But an entire diploma sounds..... too tough right about now.

My faithful nescafe ice latte - without which I would not be awake those early mornings.

The days in BCM did bring forth a sense of enlightenment, as I observed the life and people there - and noted that it is not as scary as I thought it would be. People are still people wherever you find them. I don't know where the fear came from. Perhaps it was a preconceive notion planted from somewhere. However, I will not attempt to
speak falsely on God's anointed ones. I sorta enjoy myself but I will never dare go at it alone.

No comments: