Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Unexpected Journey

I was quite miserable and my heart deeply troubled. My mind was intensely out of order and I knew I needed a getaway.

God's timing was perfect. I had initially forgotten that I had set the recce date for today. But it was perfect opportunity.... to run away.

And for the first time, without thinking thoroughly, I made my way (with Ann and Joshua) to a place I've never been. I drove my Kembara up the hills of Genting. I went to near-Bentong as well as Genting View. And in a not-so-well-thought-through-decision, made my way to Awana as well. In my Kembara. In my old second-hand no-power Kembara for the very first time, without supervision. While it rained.

It was a BIG deal for me. For people who know me, I have NEVER driven so far, never in such short notice, and never without thorough planning. LOL! I found myself standing in the all-familiar Awana with Winne and thinking, "I drove here today and will be driving back today". And it blew my mind.

I think I did it cos I was desperate. And it was an awesome experience. I came back so much more refreshed. I came back more focused. Maybe it was the cool air up there. AahHhh.. I know now why people do such im-promp-tu, crazy acts like these. Took me quite a while to figure THAT out....

No comments: