Sunday, July 16, 2006

the second chance

Michael W. Smith in his first leading role ever in this movie about two churches. The reality of this movie hits close to home with its message "do we really care?" and what it really means to care. It's about compassion and forgiveness. It's about when we let other things get in the way of what really mattered.

What got me was that so often I had let things get in the way. So often other things became more important than people. I don't want to be Christian by name only. I don't wanna taint my Savior's beautiful name. How can I be a follower of Christ and not do what He does? Unfortunately, so many Christians in the world carry the name but not the Christ. Jesus said "if anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." People wanna be identified with God but few wants to walk the path Jesus walked.





I reminded myself the night I watched the movie. What was it that I truly want and would truly do. I realised I wanted to serve Him in ministry all the days of my life. I really wanna be God's instrument to do His will for His people. That would be an honour.

2 comments:

senorita said...

anne! where you get the DVD from?

i wanna buy too...

only knew abt the movie from your blog here!

@nne said...

from dvd shop lah... hahah. i have it though.