Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas BBQ

I somehow got into volunteering to open my house to my Chinese students for a gathering of steamboat-turned-BBQ on the only available date to me - 26th Dec 2005. And so it was.... though I had hoped that more would turn out. I worked hard all day cooking and cleaning. Almost stressed out and then it was time... and it was all worth it. There are no words that can ever express why.

Finally the food was more than the people. So I had to call for reinforcement - my faithful friends in whom I can always depend on. Hahaha!~ And still the food did not finish. For more pictures, click here. Pics are self-explainatory. Hey dear students, if u ever read this, wanna tell u that u are welcome back anytime. just give me a call yea?

I find that the most rewarding thing you can do in life is to work in someone else's life and see them do well. I guess that's why they say that it is rewarding being a parent. I'm a teacher by profession because I chose to make a difference in the life around me. Not to say that I'm perfect but because I too am not perfect and understand the need to have people around me who can love me, support me, guide me, etc. One of the five-fold ministry is to be a teacher. Ah and need I explain more than that?

I'll end this blog session with one thing I learnt in youth ministry: "youth needs to be loved, especially those who least deserve it." Something to think about.

Still plenty piling up in my to-do list. It never ends. It's a vicious cycle. (hahah yes elaine, i just wanted to use that phrase again)

No comments: