Wednesday, September 15, 2010

China Trip 2010

Ok so here's me talking about my China trip. I was so lazy to write this down. It was very appreciative for this trip that I did not need to pay. God provides in mysterious ways. It's my first trip to real china and to where my grandparents came from - hometown. Regardless of what others feel about their origin, I was pretty excited to find out. And so I jumped on a plane with my mom and two sisters and headed to xiamen with a bunch of other family members. Yippee! My first tour.


The above is a page of my journal and all the places we went and all the things we learnt! Being in a tour gives you so much more when the tour guide tells you its history and news and all the things you would have otherwise missed. And I begin to realise the deep culture and significance of so many things around me - even those that were not said. So despite the heat and the migraine, toe swelling, and flu that I got, I experienced more than my fair share of things.


Being on a trip like this allows us the opportunity to get to know each other more. I've never spent 8days straight with my cousins before. Man, I didn't quite even notice some before this ;) That's quite bad of me. I'm glad I got to know some of my cousins a little better. Although there were things I could have live with not knowing. But family's family. It tests your patience, and everything!


For more pictures, check out Lynne's (my sister) photo album on facebook. I'm too lazy to upload or anything like that. :)

We met up with the folks back at home and the only awkwardness was our inability to communicate properly (it was weird to hear the whole town speak a language that is almost extinct here that we use as a secret language). But it was rather touching when they say "make yourself at home cos you're home" and they hold your hand with tears in their eyes. And oh, Putian is a city. Seremban is the kampung.

But despite of all that, I really do not like tours very much. You don't get much rest and you eat way too much. I also don't get to experience the real deal - the street food, the normal hussle and bussle, etc. Isn't that what traveling is about? Experiencing all that? But I didn't mind the amazing hotels though. hehe. Aaahh all in all it was good. =) so very tiring though....

1 comment:

she3p said...

wah..ini memang balik kampung la ni..hahaha...

what an interesting trip..hmm..i wonder if there's anyone over my ancestor's place that my parents still have contact...it wud be amazing leh