Monday, November 02, 2009

Gratitude - Nicole Nordeman



This song was presented on Sunday (in church) I the lyrics caught my attention. Whoever wrote this song understood the Sovereignty of our Lord God beyond our small view of life.

Or maybe not, not today
Maybe You'll provide in other ways

Many times we get angry at God for not answering our prayers, providing for our needs, allowing pain to wreck our sanity, fitting our understanding of who He is. And many have become disillusioned and walked away.

There are many things in my life that is unfulfilled or seem to be pulled further from me. I try to find a way to stay sane and remember that God is too good to be unkind, to wise to be mistaken. And I wonder if I will be able to accept if God never answers, never gives? The lyrics pierces right through. And even though I still have no answer, it helps to know there are many who struggle the same. Do I just accept? Should I continue asking? What if some roads are just too hard? What if I fall?

Oh, the differences that often are between
Everything we want and what we really need

We think we know better. But we find it hard to grasp that God knows better. It's hard to just trust when we don't see the answer or the salvation. It's hard to just believe.

Bible says to trust and obey. That it's the only way. And history and testimony has proven that over and over again.... and what other choice do I really have?

What will you do?

1 comment:

she3p said...

sometimes..trusting and obeying seems like a dumbest thing to do too........and sometimes to even to continue asking can proof to be like another dumb thing....but then again...God wudn't really blame us if we keep asking though...