Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Resolutions


It's a brand new year, a chance to let go of the past and do things afresh. Every new year brings new possibilities. Yes, I'm one of those that believes in a new year bringing all things new. In fact, Bible says every day is a new day.

And so I'm trying to make and keep resolutions: (not in any order)
  1. To read more of God's word, pray more, spend more time with the lover of my soul. I wanna be broken from what breaks His heart.
  2. To invest in learning more about how to become a better leader, to be more effective in ministry and as a disciple myself.
  3. To wake up earlier, exercise more consistently, balance work and play, be more hardworking to keep my room and car.
  4. To be a better daughter, a better friend, a better sister, and all that. Relationships are important to guard and preserve and improve. They define who you are.
  5. To strive to live my life to make the right choices, at the right time. Not allowing emotions and selfish desires to get the better of me, but to always choose to do the right thing, especially in the sight of God.
At least these are the things within my control. Those that are not I leave it in the hands of the One that holds my future. God is too wise to be mistaken. I know there is no running away, no moving off, no ignoring or turning a deaf ear for me. I know I'm here to stay and there's a reason to every rhyme. And I trust that God will carry me through the season cos He is faithful.

On what I hope to see happen, however:
  1. I wanna see the youth in Aspirers to overcome the circumstances in their lives, to care for people beyond what is expected of a youth, rise up to take their place in the faith.
  2. I also want to see college student rising up to belong and take their place and make a difference in their college or universities and in their home church.
  3. I wanna see different ministries move into a new level of faith and dedication and service unto God as we begin to see God use us at a higher level to extend His kingdom - i mean, that's what it's all about right?
  4. I wanna see adults get out of their comfort zones, stop complaining and grumbling, set Godly examples for the new and younger ones, learn to reach out beyond their own circle, see a purpose.
  5. I hope to see more of my peers and friends start to find a way to fit and belong in this church and the world they live in, partners they could build a home with. God only knows what goes through the heart and mind of a young adult, stuck in between worlds of possibilities.
I have only one deep seethed desire that I pray God will grant me though. It's been with me so long. And I'll be patient enough to wait.


No comments: