Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My miracle

It didn't take long for me to fall ill after my trauma. There were things to attend to. Easter was drawing neigh. There were house drops, promotions, practices, and countless things to do. And I wasn't doing too well. By Sat I had already lost my voice and started feeling feverish. Right through to Monday I had still not gotten my voice back. I had to skip practice as I could not sing a single note right. But I had the opportunity to see the whole drama from the audience seat.

Concerned friends wished me well and scolded me to take care. Prayers were piled too. But I had my own concerns. Sore throat was the first sign of a week-long illness that I would normally go through. Easter was a week away and I could not afford to be sick. No way. Our theme was BELIEVE and I decided to put my faith in God. I told my friends, by Tuesday I will be completely cured and able to sing for the full dress rehearsal. Such bold proclamations scared even myself. Where did that come from? So I prayed. I better be well by Tuesday. Still stubborn, I only slept a little more than usual and stuck to soothing drinks. No doctors for me.

Tuesday morning I awoke and immediately tested my voice. It was BACK!! Praise God. I serve a miracle-working God. I was totally well. This is personal to me. My faith increased. Truly I BELIEVE. My Lord and My God.

No comments: