Thursday, February 15, 2007

My Valentine's day

No roses or chocolates. No rainbows in the sky or lark singing in the air. The poll shows that Valentine's have truly become a day for business man to reap into. The notion of 'love' have also been distorted. How unfortunate! There are so many versions on how this day really started but I'd like to believe someone actually believed that love was worth celebrating. Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic. But I guess that guy never guessed that it would be what it is today. A day for overpriced roses and candle light dinner. A day for the singles to feel miserable about themselves. But I guess the guy that invented atom bomb didn't see how it was used to take the lives of thousands either.

No, i'm not being a sour grape.

However, my Valentine was spent rather differently.

It was Johanna's birthday. And we surprised her at midnite. Her whole family was in it but she managed to remain clueless. It was fun! Also joined her for her lunch and supper. I think we sang her "Happy Birthday" one too many times. How special it is to have a birthday on Valentines. How easy it is for her future boyfriend to remember. Haha!~

No comments: